Friday, September 30, 2011

Universal studios here we come!!! (again!)

I am writing this blog in the car driving back to our hotel, I've gotta make the most of sitting still for longer than 5 mins!!!!
This morning was a real struggle, for me and the kids, oh I could not open my eyes and they were all bloodshot, lol. We all dragged our sorry butts out of bed and headed downstairs for brekky, this hotel has complimentary brekky every morning, which makes the strat to our day just that little bit cheaper! We arrive at Universal studios right on opening, we had decided to go straight back into islands of adventure to do some of the rides we missed last time and revisit some of our favorites! Jurassic park was first then back to Harry potter, the kids went back on the Hippogriff and kalah I and I went back on the forbidden journey, scared the bejeebers out of me again but geez it's a great ride! While the kids re rode the Hippogriff I went to fetch some butter beer (such tourists). Then we headed into dr Seuss land, the kids favorite! Though my big girl had her big big girl britches on today and she took of with Glenn to attempt the hulk roller coaster!!! By the time we met up with them they had ridden it twice!!!! Now it's time to head to Universal and see what we can get up to in there! ( or should I say which child we can frighten!)First up was shrek 4d, Hahahaha so funny, the seats moved , dragon sneezed and we got covered in water (thank god!) but I won't spoil it too much for any of you who may get to enjoy this ride in the future. From there we made our way to twister, a simulation of a real twister, Glenn stayed with lexi it was very noisy and we got a bit wet but other than that ahhh I could take it or leave it. Then it was off to the mummy! Glenn was riding solo on this one, if u haven't worked out by now at I don't do roller coasters then NEWSFLASH Clair doesn't do roller coasters!!!! The kids and I sat in the shade, another scorcher today, Glenn being a single rider could jump straight to the front of the line, waiting waiting , far out the ride must b packed!!! About 15 mins later he comes out, calls us over to the other side of the road where he was waiting, it turns out he was gone for so long because he was stuck on the ride!!! Very close to the end but on his side of the car was a sheer 2 story drop! They offered him a fast pass but one wasn't really going to do us much good really! Onwards and upwards we go, I to kiddy town E.T was the next ride, pretty cool, a slow moving hanging style ride, u are in bikes (of course) trying to get E.T back home safely, very dark and lots of effects, nearly buckled kai (surprise surprise!) but a good ride all in all. Then we come to the climax of our day!!!! The Simpsons ride!!!! OMG (yep there's those words again!)now a simulated roller coaster IS my thing, cause I can close my eyes!!! Wow this ride has to be one of my favourites, if not THE favorite! A must do no matter how long u gotta wait if u ever visit universal studios! Woody wood peckers roller coaster was our last ride, and yes I say ours because after 2 rides I was dragged on by the kids! And guess what????? I survived, who knew? Lol, I guess though when 4 yr olds are riding it then it can't be too scary, STILL it's a coaster and I'm taking it!!!! The kids finished our universal day with a play in woody wood peckers playground and we were off! Oh no not home, come on peeps you should know us better than that by now!!!!! We went back to Islands of Adventure for one last hoorah! Kalahni and Glenn ride the hulk, AGAIN, and then low and behold but who decides they want a turn, noooooo not me, or kai (don't be silly!) CHARLI!!!!! So off they go, crazy wally's if you ask me! She loved it, go charli grace!!!!! Then It's off to our reason for coming back, the river rapid ride. At the last minute we had a scratching, nooooo not me, GLENN, precious didn't want to get wet :( so that leaves me to take the kids on it, oh goodness heaven help them! Hahahahahha ah laugh and laugh we did, get soaked, we did that too! Came off walking like we'd pooped ourselves, lol. Home James! Pweeease, I'm berry berry uncomfortable, "told u so" grumbles precious! Lexi has a meltdown cause she's wet, ah im pretty sure I told u u would get wet child!!!!! Of course as we are leaving we can't go past e hulk without one last ride!!! So Glenn racks up 6 rides, kalahni 5 and charli 2 , woohooo go team! Ok so now we actually leave the park! The trip home was interering, well I wasn't gping to wear wet pants home was I? So down they came, its ok I only pulled the bum part down, the front bum was covered! Geez what do you think I am?????? ;) so home we arrive, with no embarrassing exposures, shower then....... Yep u guessed it out we go, well the family's gotta eat! But not before a quick spot of shopping! A new bag must be purchased, oh yes it does! Then we get shoes more shoes, Glenn some clothes, me nothing :( zilch zero zip! What the???? No probes there's always tomorrow ;) mwahahahaha!! Dinner at 10pm (this is becoming a habit!) and now we are driving back to our hotel, mind you we are all so tired we are delirious!!! Cracking up at the silliest things, I've been booted to the back seat and Glenn and charli are attempting to drive us home, turn right Glenn, so he goes left!!!!! Arghhhhh remind me how old you are again please!???
So tomorrow is our last day on dry land and we plan to spend it shopping and maybe an afternoon visit to blizzard beach! Yeeha!
Till next time
Cheers
Clair xx

No comments:

Post a Comment