Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 27th, 28th & 29th

Hello!!! I know I know I've gotten behind, again! But the last 3 days have been massive and I just didn't have a chance to write. Ut that's behind us now, I'm sitting here in our new abode in downtown Kissimmee, Orlando, sitting by the pool @ 9:30pm writing while Glenn and the kids have a splash. Still very warm even at this hr of the day!
TUESDAY
Today we went to Disneys Animal Kingdom! Our main reason for visiting was to do the African safari tour and let me tell you it didn't disappoint! Gerrod and Pam did their own thing today so Janet and Peter squished into our car and we spent a wonderful day together. So the African safari was amazing,we fast passed this ride, mind you it's the only ride so far we have fast passed! It's quite a popular ride and it was so hot we couldn't be bothered waiting in the qeue! You travel in jeeps across the "serengeti" and the animals are just roaming around minding their own business, it was such an amazing experience! We saw giraffes and elephants rhino's American crocs antelope wilder beast gazelles cheetahs hippo's a wart hog flamingo's ostrich's etc etc, we just missed the zebras and the lions, but that's ok it was fantastic to see what we did! Our driver was a bit crazy, all part of the show I guess? Lol. We took a little walk around the rest of the park, saw some naked mole rats, ewwwwwww those thi gs are gross!!!! Then Glenn and the new found daring Peter, tackled everest! Not the real one of course, the roller coaster kind! Omg , now I know I've said that alot in these blogs, but this one was something else, and that's just from what I could see! Janet and I and the kids stood in the blaring sun waiting waiting, camera in hand to catch some action shots, watching ride after after ride come zooming out of the mountain side, and the screams, deafening! Next thing you know Glenn is standing beside me, what the??? Yeh I missed them, oops, but they loved it, it went forwards backwards upside down straight down straight up etc etc, vomit!!!!! But u know my saying, whatever floats your boat, it certainly doesn't float mine!!!!!! Pretty much after that little adventure, and possibly a bot of heat stroke we decide to head off and shoot over to Disneys Blizzard Beach water park. By the time we got there, hired towels and a couple of lockers, we had about 2.5 hrs to play! We jump in the tube ride first to take a look around the park, you the ones that gently float you down the river, only this one you could get on and off wherever you liked so that was kinda like pur little motorway! We got off at twin slide ride that had 2 person tube. Janet and I sat the first ride out to watch them come out the bottom, they were mostly open slides thank goodness, as kai has a real thing for enclosed spaces now, thanks to space mountain!!! Lexi, our little dare devil, as you will discover further down the blog, loved it!!!! So Janet and I joined them on the second run. Now I am a little hesitant with anything I don't know much about so although it's just a water slide my heart was still pounding rather quickly! Kalahni decides she wants to take me down, sooooo on we get 3,2,1 off we go. Straight away there's a drop, I scream, kalahni laughs, up around the corner and whoosh down another drop, K A L A H N I!!!!! As I try to stick my feet against the walls, like that's gonna help! The drops stop we go whooshing down, whirling and twirling up the walls, laughing and laughing then we get spat out the bottom! I thought kalahni was going to die laughing at me! And although the top part was a bit hairy the bottom was most enjoyable!!! Lol, and just as I think wow that was fun, we go to another ride!!!! This time we head to the family raft ride, a huge tube that fits up to 6 people in it, we had 8 so 4 in each raft. No line up, we jump in our raft, which is on a conveyor belt, then it drops us off the edge and away we go! Of course I go backwards the it spins and I go sliding up the wall so much so that I'm looking down on Glenn Kalahni and Lexi, holding on for dear life!!!! But I had a great time!!! Then when we got down the bottom and I thought it was safe I let go, we hit a bump and I go flying across the raft, creating one massive wedgie!!!! I thought the others were seriously going to pee themselves laughing, ah it was so so funny !!! Now I have to ask, whose idea was it to go next on the slide raceway??? U know the one that has about 8 lanes and u go down on your tummy on a mat over bumps???? Yeh well I though ah this be a breeze, that was until I hit the first bump and built up speed, the second getting even faster and faster,mindd you Lexi was on it as was kai, well I'm screaming my head off, we all hit the bottom, everyone jumps up laughing and having a great time, I let out a few expletives and then want to vomit!!! Non the less I join them on the next ride, a twin slide, kinda like a race, u go down your tummy on a mat again, only this one snakes around like a slalom course, everyone goes down that leaves Pete and I to go, unfortunately the last ride completely rattled me so I chickened out :(, I know I'm such a whimp, but I felt so ill. I met them all in the wave pool for a quick swim b4 closing, boy did the kids give me a hard time, especially kai, he's one to talk!!!! Lol, now of course this day is going to smoothly of course so something's gotta go a miss sooner or later??? So let's rewind to when we arrived and got our lockers, Glenn and Peter have a key right? So Glenn attaches his to a tie on the inside of his pocket on his boardies, Peter doesn't have one of those! ........ Fast forward to end of day pack up, ummmm where's the key Pete???? Must have fallen out! His locker has the car keys, our camera!!!! Etc etc so waiting waiting for the master key to arrive, bingo! Now can we gooooo????? Of course there is no rest for the wicked in this town! We head straight back to the resort, shower and head back to Downtown Disney! Wow this place is fantastico! Shops, bars restaurants, lights, singing dancing ahhh the fun never ends in Disney world! Of course neither dies the walking, this place is a good couple of k's from ene to end and the restaurant I wanted to eat at was...... Yep u guessed it, at the total opposite end! The rainforest cafe, there is a storm every half hour and it rains, thunder and lightening, very spectacular I must say.So it should be when it cost me both arms and one leg for the bill!! ;)and thats a wrap, for Tuesday anyway, I think we arrived home around 11pm? Yawn yawn =O
WEDNESDAY
So today was the day we decided to head to the bike shop, Janet, Peter, Gerrod and Pam leave us tomorrow until Sunday when we all meet up for the cruise, so it was peters last chance to get there! A couple of hours later, one bike, no not me, or Glenn (though he was eyeing one very very nice one off! Hellloooo we have a house to finish!), PETER!!! Oh yes he did, so he will be bringing a nice little package home, Janet is just over the moon, literally, she has run away!!!! Lol. So we take off while they sort out the bike, ooh did I mention what I got? A tri suit,sugoi cycling jersey,sugoi tri Knicks, 4 bottle fuel belt, and a Giro helmet, oh yes I did!!! How much u ask??? For all u tri enthusiasts out there you will appreciate this one......... Just under $300, oh yes it was!!!!!!!oh and that included a pair of sugoi knicks for Glenn! Hehehehehe that's all he got, not happy Jan! (between u and I, I was very happy!) so off we go, kids r bored out of their brains by now, though they did keep the staff very entertained, and starving! So back to Downtown Disney we go for some grub the off to typhoon lagoon, another of Disneys water parks! I love the park hopper tickets, and we added the water park option so basically we can go from park to park as often as we like in a 10 day period, super! Typhoon lagoon is the older of the 2 water parks, so thankfully for me the rides were all much tamer! Another family raft ride, which was quite short really but I laughed alot, I've just realized how much laughing I've done on this holiday, maybe I should ease up a bit, clearly I'm having way to much fun!!!! ;) there were a couple of tube slides and non tube slides and a speed slide that went through a tunnel straight down!!! Guess who went on that, 3X!!!! Noooo silly not me........... KAI!!!! Oh yes he did, when he said he wanted to go on it and Glenn took him up I thought Glenn was up for one big forehead slap from me whe. Kai popped out screaming at the bottom, but to my surprise, actually everyone's surprise, he popped out the bottom jumped up with that big kai grin, you know the one, and exclaimed "I wanna do that again!!!" you couldve knocked me down with a feather! so a few more times on that, and the other tube rides, we have a quick splash in th wave pool and it's closing time, locker key in hand, thank goodness, we're outta there. Home time? Not on your nelly! We are all dressed its 5 pm let's go to Epcot!!!! We're only going there for the night show really, a spot of dinner, a couple of rides later and a few continents, epcot is like an expo, so I've crossed a few other countries off my to do list now! Lol, oh and we caught up with Janet and Peter too! Just in time for the spectacular firework and lazer show, just amazing, well worth wandering around for 4 hrs to see! We did attempt to ride soarin, a virtual hangliding ride over the skies of California, but the line was over an hr wait long and all fast passes had been used, soaring was not to be :( Home James!!!! Yawn yawn yawn =O =O , oh and before beddy byes we have to pack!!! Arghhhhh
Today, THURSDAY!!!
We say goodbye to Janet, Peter, Gerrod and Pam, they are taking a road trip down to Miami, we were meant to go but decided we'd prefer to not rush the kids through the theme parks and give them (and us) the best experience possible, and completely wear them out, lol! We will meet up with them again on Sunday when We board our Disney cruise, oh yes this holiday is proudly brought to you by Disney!!!!
We leave them trying to fit their bags into their boot, ha that was a sight to see, we would've stayed for the show but we figured it could go on for a while and we had to places to
Go! First stop, our new home for 3 nights, the royal park suites In Kissimmee, it's basically parallel to lake beuna vista and only 1 min further away from the parks, free breakfast and wi fi, cheerin! So we dump our bags and head off for the dance shop, to stock up o. Supplies for miss kalahni!!!! We leave there with 1 pair jazz boots, 1 pair ballets shoes, 2 leotards, 2 dance shorts, 4 pairs of stockings and a pair of jazz shoes for miss Lexi, and all for $230!!!! Everything was about 1/2 off what I pay at home, grrrrrrrr. From here our next stop is Disneys Hollywood studio, not a very big park and not a real lot to do, but the things we did do were very fun! The first ride was woody's roundup, they said an hr wait, and of course all fast passes were exhausted, but I reckon we waited maybe 1/2 hr, so that was ok, geez we havent had to line up for anything since we've been here, so I'm not complaining. It's a 3d ride, u sit in carts with your glasses on, get spun around and stop on every straight to shoot things, it's like carnival games, lots of fun and laughs to be had again, the kids thought it was great! From there it was off to the honey I shrunk the kids playground, the. The muppets 3d movie and finally the new star wars ride! Another 3d ride, u sit in a spacecraft, C3PO is the driver and u fly rather crazily through space and star wars scenes, it was so much fun!!! I loved it!!! Kai was very hesitant and even had a few tears before it started but once we took off he relaxed and it turned out to be his favorite ride!!!! Little miss Lexi, well she goes on anything, she's quite the dare devil so we have discovered on this holiday!!!!! While charli kai lexi and I go to the American idol experience, Glenn takes kalahni on her first twisting looping roller coaster, when we meet up with them she is very shaken and had been crying :( the poor thing, the whole thing was in the pitch black and went from 0-100 in 2 secs, the fastest coaster in America!!!! Whoops, I'm thinking our kids are gonna need therapy when we get back!!!! =O Time to leave, we decide to head back to downtown Disney for dinner and one last shopping expedition. Dinner was in T Rex, very similar to the rainforest cafe only dinosaurs, and every half hr a meteor shower occurred and the dinosaurs all got a little antsy! Very cool indeed! We finished off the shopping, lexi got a Minnie mouse, kalahni bought some pressies for all her friends birthdays she's missing and a few other bits and pieces and we headed for home. We checked in, found our room and then headed straight for the pool, it open till 11pm!!!! So that brings me to now, sitting in bed, everyone asleep but me, blogging! A quick shower then bed me thinks!!! It's 11:42pm, oh my goodness, nighty night!
Sorry this one is long, hopefully u drank your morning coffee or had your lunch or something as you read this, so u didn't waste too much of your day!!! Tomorrow takes us back to Universal Studio for our second day, we want to re visit some rides in Islands of Adventure and then go check out the other side! Sounds like another big day ahead :)
Until next time
Cheers
Clair xx

No comments:

Post a Comment