Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our last 2 days in Vegas

Glenn's Birthday!!!
Son we wake up to say happy birthday to Glenn, kinda felt strange not exchanging gifts etc, glenn's present was the cannon SLR we purchased in Sydney before we left, but Janet remembered a card, ine better than me, whoops. He had a fun night out with Mr Wu and woke pretty chirpy, which I'm sure was for my benefit, he knew he'd be dead if he was hung over, especially since we were headed for the factory outlets!!!! Again we meet our tour guide, Mr Wu, downstairs and proceed to the North exit, "where's that Mr Wu?", " stuffed if I know!" , tell me again how much we are paying this guide????? Outside we go to wait for our cab, and just as we were eyeing off this huge stretch Ford truck unit, Mr Wu steps up and shakes the drivers hand! WTF that's ours!!!!! The kids were beside themselves, ok so maybe Mr Wu has redeemed himself, lol. Glenn was just blown away that this had been organized for his birthday, I'm feeling a bit of man love????? Hehehehe. Kai thought he was king pin sitting up like Jackie in the huge seats, grinning like a Cheshire cat! First stop was the famous Vegas sign for a photo op, may I remind you we are tourists so this goofy behavior is thoroughly acceptable!;) After we made our way through the line up, yep there was a line to get your pic under the sign, we headed back down the strip to the drive through wedding chapel, " because we're going to the chapel and we're gonna get maaaaaaried"! We went to the one where Brittney married K Fed, whoop ti
dooo, lol. Had a few pics taken sat on the love chair and kissed in the tunnel of love, so
romantic, between you and I, I'm sure Janet and Peter were very close to renewing the vowels,
and I tried to marry Gerrod and Pam , they thought I was joking............
Ok peeps enough of the cheesy wedding crap let's get to the important part, the OUTLETS!!!Lol
Upon our arrival at the outlets, we split up to make our shopping experience easier, we
started discussing meeting times Mr Wu said 1 hr will be sufficient, me thinks hmmmm either Mr
Wu has under estimated me OR these outlets aren't actually that good! 4hrs later we were
finished and Mr Wu had left with Gerrod and Pam, hahahahaha, we were having a shopping
experience that dreams are made of, I for one wasn't leaving till I had checked out every
bargain!!!! And bargains I got, but then had to restrain myself as I know Orlando is going to
be even better! We caught cabs back to the hotel and I fulfilled another long term goal, we
rode in a yellow taxi (yep I'm easily pleased, clearly I don't aim too high). Straight to the
pool for our hot and exhausted children, Glenn and I had a couple of beers (yes the bud lites
are pretty good, and boys I totally get the warm beer thing, YUK!)then it was time to get the
kids ready for the nanny! We had a fancy smancy dinner to get too! For anyone visiting Vegas
in the near future and wanting a fantastic culinary experience, I can totally recommend the
Eiffel Tower Restaurant, the view, the food, the service, everything was just A class and
Glenn had an amazing Birthday dinner. (a big thankyou to everyone for your birthday wishes
too, I forwarded them all on) From there we bid farewell to Janet and Peter and off we went to
continue the celebrations!!!! Planet Hollywood was the first stop, a bit of fun on the choccy
wheel (ok so I know that's not it's real name, but I don't know what it's called and it looks
like a choccy wheel), I was WINNING, Mr Wu wasn't happy lol and I had glenn asking me for
chips! They soon dwindled and on we went, this time to seedy Uncle Bills. Roulette was calling
our name but this time Gerrod was the winner, at 1am Glenn and I called it a night, our last day we needed all our energy! Shame I couldn't get to sleep till about 2:30!!!! Grrrrr
To be cont.......... It's now Thursday we are in Orlando and it's 12:30am, I need to sleep big day to tomorrow at Disney World!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy DisneyWorld, you'll love it.

    Hope u had a good b'day Glenn.

    Keep the updates coming.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete